Today was a wonderful day. Curtis was the hero! I just let him know the day before that I didn't want to cook. So he literally took that on and did all the cooking. For breakfast we had biscuits filled with eggs, bacon and cheese..YUM! He fed the children lunch and then for dinner he made a delicious chicken stir fry! Get this..he also cleaned everything up..yup, that's right, the dishes, wiping, and sweeping. How lucky am I?! Thanks a million Curt. It meant a lot. It was SO fabulous to have a day off of playing the maid. The children were cute in the morning to make me cards and send me on a few treasure hunts with a half eaten pack of gum as the prize. Emery also taped her $1.00 bill that she was saving into my card. They sacrificed a lot! Oh ya, and Curtis had taken them shopping to get me a few new pairs of earrings. Thanks guys..I love my Hancock gang..you are all so good to me! What a lucky mom I am!
Today was Evey's first official day in nursery. Even though she is just 17 months, our cute next door neighbor Jill, the nursery leader, likes to break them in early. They said she did well..just had a hard time during the lesson since the topic was about moms. When the word was mentioned she cried..oh, so sad :(. It was fun to peek in on her during the happy times. She just fit right in! Good girl Evey! You are still growing up too fast!
11 comments:
I'm so glad that you had a good mother's day. Glad that Curtis took care of you! :) He he...the half eaten pack of gum - awesome.
I think you're a fantastic mom. You do a great job with your kids.
Love ya! Happy Mother's Day!
Mel, so glad you had such a fabulous Mother's Day! Truly, you deserve it! You are such a wonderful mom to your kids, they are so lucky to have you!
Way to go Curtis!!! Very Impressive!
Maybe we should have blog contest and submit what our husbands did for us on Mothers Day, I think Curtis would win!
Cute pictures, Mel - way to go Ella! Your hair looks so pretty, I like the way you styled it. Brownie points for the hubby! I think Curtis and Mike got the same disease today, and it is fabulous! What a wonderful day to be a mom - I am glad you had a great day, Mel! You are such a terriffic mother, so patient, loving, and fun!
oh ya forgot to say - Evey in nursery?! Craziness, I say! Sweet little dancin' girl!
What? You didn't have to cook ALL day?? Lucky you! Can I borrow your husband next mothers day??? I am glad you had such a wonderful day. You deserve it. You make motherhood look so easy! Keep up the great job!
Melanie, you are the best! You deserve to be spoiled! It sounds like a fun day and, as always, your family is so beautiful! Yay for Curtis! I always say that a man doing chores is the best aphrodisiac...don't you think? Love ya!
Melanie, you are a beautiful Mom, inside and out! Your sweet family is so blessed to have you. I love these pictures of you and your precious children. I'm so glad you had a special day - go Curt!! What a great guy.
I love this. What a sweet tribute to you to see your kids & hubby spoil you. I think Emery's gesture is so sweet- that is like $100 in kid money. So sweet. You look gorgeous in your pics, by the way. Tonya's comment about chores is going to make me smile the rest of my life. Sure love you!
Mel - you look so beautiful. Your hair is getting so long and I love how you curled it!! What a great picture of all of you. You are such a fantasic Mom!! We sure miss you guys.
I loved reading your blog! You have the cutest family.
What a great Mother's Day post. I am glad that you had a great day and were able to get spoiled. You have the cutest family.
Post a Comment