Sunday, May 10, 2009

May Melodies

Our piano recital was on Thursday. All of my students did fabulous. There were no duets this time..just because of my laziness.. so the program flew by! It was only 30 minutes! I was surprised..I think it was pretty accomodating to crazy May. School ends in 2 weeks so everyone is running in different directions.


Here is our favorite piano teacher, Katie. She is absolutely fantastic to my Hancock gang. She always knows just how to keep them motivated..thank goodness for those bench bucks that equal prizes. So fun for them and you always pick the most perfect song for them. Thanks a million..although that word just is not enough. WE LOVE YOU!


Emery played Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. It was flawless and delicate.

Carter played O Canada. This song had his name imprinted on it. His performance was his very best!

Caden played Mexican Hat Dance..so fun and energetic!
I really need to start a new tradition of getting a group shot with all of my students. It's hard though when they come and go with other commitments. One of these times. They all performed so well! I enjoy each one of them. Thanks Lyndsi and Luke for coming to support and for being my tech woman. I love the video. It turned out perfect! Also, thanks Annette for watching Evey who would have been right up there on that piano with everyone else. Curtis was truly able to enjoy himself this time..as was I. We felt FREE!
Oh ya, I played Bella's Lullaby..what a beautiful melody. It feels theraputic to play it.

5 comments:

Sheers said...

Cute ribbon flower Mel. You figured them out eh? I can't remember if I knew that or not...
I liked how each of their songs went with their personality. Too perfect.
And I obviously need to talk to you more. I had no idea that you had your recital going on. What a bad sister I am! I need to know these things! I'm glad that it went well though. Love ya!

Josie said...

Mel, Lynds told me how great your recital was and that you played "Bella's Lullaby!" I was totally wishing I had come with her to hear your fabulous performance!

Hasslers said...

Okay, I am like in a totally giggly mood - wish you were here to share! I laughed right out loud when I read that Caden's song was the Mexican Hat Dance, because I just could picture him dancing around in a sombrero (sp?). See, silly mood thingy going on here. So sweet about Emmy - I would love to hear her play that piece, and way to bring out the Canadian roots, Carter! Hey, you played Bella's lullabye? Way cool - play that for me, when you come here with your bruised heel, kay?

Lyndsi said...

Melanie - your recital was so wonderful!! Clearly, you are an amazing teacher - your students love you so much. Your little Hancock kiddos were awesome as always, and you were perfect! Loved it!!

Jenny said...

That is so cool that you played Bella's Lullabye. I love all the the picture of you kids and what they played. Totally reminds me of our piano rectial days!! And even the duets we played together.