I completely love love love love love this musical arrangement. There are many reasons why. First of all, Jon Schmidt is a musical genius and I've been to one of his concerts before..I really didn't want to leave..he's hilarious, upbeat, exciting, and fun..all the feelings that I have when I listen to his music! Second, stringed instruments are my most favorite of all! So ofcourse I am loving the cello in this..Steve, the cellist is another master! Third, I think it's so neat how fun these 2 guys have while playing..not only do they enjoy what they are playing..they actually feel it..such passion. I know when I listen to this piece it moves me in such a way that I HAVE to dance in some shape or form! Fourth, it is so dang clever don't you think?! The way the songs modulate into one another and finally.. fifth, Viva La Vida by Cold Play is one of my most favorite songs..the beat combined with the strings is fabulous! Ok, so I've gone on and on about this. I hope you all enjoy it if you haven't already seen it! Be sure to pause our blog's music (scroll down to the bottom) first before listening :) I have seen this video on peoples facebooks so now I have to put it on my blog! Music ROCKS!
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
2 years ago
4 comments:
First of all - you posted a video, got to teach me that girl! Okay, I just loved that! You are right Johnny boy is awesome, as is his friend, Steve. I would love to go to a concert of his - I will have to put him on my radar. I love those two songs, and it was so cool to hear them together. I especially loved when he got his head going - you could tell he was so into it! Thanks so much for sharing that, I thoroughly enjoyed that! Music most definitely rocks! Love ya!
I REALLY really liked that! Thanks for posting it. He he...I totally agree with Cynthia - I loved his head bobbing up and down.
Nice!!! I've seen that before but I've never watched it all the way through. Viva La Vida is my very most favorite song too...well, one of them. No wonder we're friends. I loved hearing all the reasons you love it too. You are awesome, my musical friend!
Wow Melanie I so enjoyed every moment of that. It was awesome. I loved when Jon was getting into it and bobbing his head. Those two are so talented. What an amazing arrangement!! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment