Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday stuff

Saturday was our last day of soccer games..yay..kind of..you know.. a bitter sweet thing. ALL three kids played their hearts out! Way to go my Hancock gang! Caden started out bright and early. He is on the very left. Unfortunately his team lost but at least scored a goal. At the end of the game he was marching off the field with obvious displeasure when he spotted the coach pulling out medals to wear around their necks. He flipped the switch with a perma grin. Then life got even better with the "end of the game" snack. YUM...a pack of donuts. I think that was Caden's highlight of the whole season! GO THRASHERS!



Carter's game was next and boy was it exciting! They too have lost for most of the season until the last game. It ended with a tie so into overtime it went..to end up with another tie..so into sudden death...and YIPEE the CARDINALS won. The teams for his age group consisted of 4-6th graders..quite the span don't you think. So here he is looking so small in comparison to this presumably 6th grader! Way to go Carter. The final game was the best we have ever seen you play!


Emery was another little star. She has always enjoyed soccer but when their coach motivated them with choclate there was not stopping her! Infact ALL her teamates played their very best. A couple of Saturdays ago Emery scored her first goal of the season so that also boosted her confidence and motivation. She was a little fire cracker out there on the field. Same story with her FLASH team...usually defeated but NOT today. They won 1-0. What a way to end the season girls. Those were some pretty intense soccer games. Mommy had to sit down after!


We took it easy in the afternoon playing outside and cleaning out the van. Then I went for my so called long run..didn't happen. I only made about 7 miles. You see, I am trying to train for a half marathon in 2 weeks and I have to go twice that distance but I am struggling with an injury. This isn't a shout out for sympathy but rather for advice. I think I originally bruised my heel 2 weeks ago and now it has spread into my ankle. It is swollen and sore. I keep running to train but wonder if I should just rest it instead and go to the race a little more unprepared than I would like. What do you think..does anyone have any advice for this. I don't even know what to diagose the injury as..sorry this is getting long...woe is me...NO! I really am fine. Thanks for reading my whining. But on to better things. After the run I went out for a GNO! I promised Emmy and Ella that I would take them to the movie Hannah Montana. It was really cute and was fun to be with my sweet girls. They were little angels and loved their popcorn and juice. Ella was feeling tired so I got to snuggle with her. It's so nice to spend more individual time with them. I love my girls!

5 comments:

Josie said...

Soccer fun, I love it! Wow Mel, I am impressed with your running! I am pretty sure I couldn't run more than a few blocks! Sorry for your injury.

Hasslers said...

It is always so much fun to cheer on your children in their sporting events - way to go Carter, Caden, and Emmy! We enjoyed watching them play while we were there. We love GNO's amongst the Hassler girls, and it sounds like your girls loved it too! That totally stinks about your heel - maybe you should go to the doctor, and ice it every night. I need my rocket Melanie to get better, so we can face the long 13.1 miles together! Good for you for running seven miles with a sore foot! Talk to you soon!

Lyndsi said...

Hooray for Soccer Saturdays - your kids are doing great!! My vote is to let your poor little double A heel heal - hehe! You'll run like the wind regardless. So glad you and Emmy and Ella had a fun night - cute picture of you three.

Jenny said...

What a fun GNO!! I think I'm going to do that with Chloe. And so fun that your kids got to play soccor -that is awesome. Sorry to hear about your heel. That is not fun at all. What does your doctor say? You are in my prayers. Love ya Mel

Sheers said...

What a great action shot of Carter. I love that he's right in there and you caught it perfectly! I think soccer is a great sport and can't wait to put my kids in it. I love that Caden was pumped about the medal and Emmy motivated by the chocolate. he he.
I'm sorry about your heel. That totally stinks! How is it feeling now? I hope it gets better soon and that you'll be able to run on it.
I want to see the Hannah Montana movie! ;) Wish I could've been there to go with you guys. I love GNO's!