Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day..ya, school's out!

So it's official. School is out and there is no turning back! The kids are so excited to stay up later, sleep in a little more and have NO homework! Yipee! Time to celebrate. Curtis got the day off so we, along with both Meyer families ventured on up to the south side of Pine mountain. The area was called Oak Grove and we loved it! Curtis definitely wants to go camping up there with a couple of the kids.
It is somewhat reminiscent of home-Canadian rockies


Evey's little "buck" (bug) that she was excited to follow and scream at. I think it was a stink bug but you can't even see it
Kings of the castle!

Don't ya just love Owen's cheezie grin!

It was so cool to see these mini cactuses in full bloom on the drive up..such pretty flowers!

Our day was packed full of fun. In the later afternoon we met Lyndsi and the kids at the new Little Valley water park..really cool and original play equipment:) but not enough shade :(

It was a scorcher..in the 90's.. so the water felt great!

And finally at the end of the day we found ourselves at Auntie Shellie's house for a dip in the cool pool! Lindsey was a doll and saved the parents from making a trip to dip..THANKS! The girls love hanging on to you..those little monkeys! (BTW Linz..we found Emmy's earring in her dad's car..weird!)

Now who wouldn't want to be a Hancock kid on this day..such fun! Play, play, play!

7 comments:

Hasslers said...

I loved reading about Evey's "buck" - LOL! Too cute! No kidding, what a fun day for the Hancock kids! You guys are awesome parents to provide such a fun day full of memories! Looking forward to summer full of fun!

Sheers said...

I know I say this all the time but I can't believe your school gets out so early! I bet your kids are lovin' it. I remember being a kid and having that last day of school and being so excited with anticipation for the summer. And you're such a fun mom doing things with them already! I can't wait to hear Evey talk...I love the little "buck" and it helps me imagine her talking. But pretty soon no imagination will be needed because we'll be seeing you in person. WOO HOO!

Lyndsi said...

Yes - what a fun day!! Oak Grove is a beautiful little place. And Evey, so cute watching her "buck" - love her!! It was so fun to spend some time with you and your girls at the park. Can't wait 'til next time!

Josie said...

Busy, Busy day! Sounds fun, fun, fun! You are definitely a cool mom packing in the summer fun!

Kathryn said...

That picture of the mountains makes me homesick for Northern Utah. I've heard so much about Oakgrove and have wanted to go camping there too...one of these days hopefully! Looks like you guys had too much fun ;)

Staci Davies said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Yay! Schools out, hope the summer is not too busy for ya. You are such a sweet friend. I just read your post about Lynds too

Jenny said...

Wow what a fun filled day!! I would have loved to be a Hancock!! Look's so beautiful there.