Sunday, May 24, 2009

FHE

Pam Jewell, a very cute widowed lady in our ward had enough courage to invite our family over to her house this past Monday. She told us that inviting a different family each week is a tradition she has since she lives on her own and she figures it's the best way to get to know families in the ward. I thought this was so sweet and cool and brave of her. Thanks a lot Sister Jewell. You really geared the lesson to our children. Her lesson was on the creation. She had printed off papers with #1-7 for the 7 days of the creation and had the kids color and add items to what was created on that day. Everyone was a willing participant..Evey was one in a different way. She enjoyed climbing everything in sight, the piano, couch, tables..and also enjoyed eating the crayons. Thank goodness that Sister Jewell was a good sport in putting up with us! We had some yummy icecream sundaes for dessert! Thanks again Sister Jewell..we learned a lot and we think you are such a neat lady!

4 comments:

Sheers said...

Wow. That is pretty awesome she had you guys over. What a fun thing to do! And a nice way to change up FHE for you guys. :)
haha...I love Ella's face in the picture - her grin just creeping over the paper she's holding.
Love you guys!

Josie said...

That is a great picture! Pam is such a sweet lady! I admire her so much for doing that!

Hasslers said...

What a sweet lady! How neat that she takes the time to do that and to put so much time into it - I admire her! Fun for your kids too, great learning opportunity!

Jenny said...

I agree Cynth.. what a sweet lady. What a creative way to do the creation.