This is before the race in our sweats..ya I look wide awake and ready!
My sweet sista! Love you Stink!

So, I actually am glad that I rested my heel because it is 99% better..didn't bother me once in the race. I however got a blood blister. I had no idea..I felt a bit of pressure there but was not expecting this UGLY thing! GROSS!

Even though most of my muscles are sore in my body right now, I can still say that I am glad I did it! Hasslers..you ROCK! Thanks for letting me stay with you and enjoy our time together.
That night my bro Spencer and his family had us over for a hot dog roast. YUM! Thanks..it was so great to see your children again. That evening Cynthia, Lori and I went to 17 Again...a cute movie with a good message. It was also fun to spend a bit of time with the Hasslers. Abby was so thoughtful. She bought me some Twilight candy sweethearts and each of my children a package of skittles..with her very own money! What a sacrifice! Ethan told me all about the play station 3. Jenna showed me her presents from her birthday party and Claire danced for me to her cute little cd player. I was happy to be their audience member. What a fantabulous weekend! If you see me walking psycho..now you'll know why:)
12 comments:
Woohoo!!! You did it! Seriously, you are amazing. Congrats to you and the Hasslers on a great run. I'm so sorry you are hurting, and your poor foot, ouch!! Time to kick up those tired feet and rest for a bit! :) You guys look so happy in your pictures...my after picture would be me on the ground, probably not even to the finish line, yet! :)
I'm so impressed you did this! Way to go! Are you sure those are after the race photos? You look way to good to have just run a 1/2 marathon. That blister looks painful! I hope you get a chance to kick up your feet and recuperate this week...you deserve it!
This is so awesome, Melanie! But your poor foot- I'm making a mental note to pick you up some moleskin during one of my (many) trips to Walmart in the next few days. Congrats & great job!
What a woman! Congrats on this huge accomplishment. I'm proud of you. I'm with Lyndsi...my after pic would look much different. It sounds like you had an amazing weekend and I'm glad! You go girl! I bet you feel like you can do anything at all now! (Well, maybe after your foot heals up!) Yay you!
Yeah Melanie! You don't even look like you just ran a race! what the heck! You look beautiful! Sorry about that nasty blister! Congrats on the awesome time too!
I must say - that was an awesome post - hee hee! Perhaps I am a little biased! It just made me smile, thinking of our time together - it was so much fun! Thank you so much for coming up and doing that with me! Have you popped your blister yet? I agree with what your friend Jana said, ya - what the heck - you look so good after the race! I told you, you look like a model! Way to go, Mel!
Way to go lady! Running 13 miles is a super accomplishment. Amber Fackrell and I ran the Hurricane half a few years ago and I swore I would NEVER do that again! I am not cut out to be a runner but I totally admire those that are. Congrats on an awesome time too!
I don't think I could even run over to your house without being completetly winded with a side ache! Kudos to you. That is amazing and what an accomplishment. Your poor foot. Ouch. Good job, you're an inspiration.
Is there anything you don't do well??? You are so amazing. Ouch on the blister. Way to go on finishing the race!
Mel! That blister looks painful! Ouch! I hope it's healing nicely and that you aren't walking around like an 80 year old woman anymore. ;) Way to go on the race. You guys are amazing.
Wow good job Mel!! That is awesome. I don't know how you guys do that. I would find that so hard. And with that blister - ouch!! I still remember you in your orange outfit taking off in the midsun run!! I smile everytime I think about that!!
Mel! I can't believe how awesome you are! Congratulations! Truly, you are amazing! And Wow! I agree with Lynds and Kathryn, you look way to good after the race, just as cute as ever!
p.s. you'll have to tell me more about where the race took you. Did you go up the canyon to Huntsville? Huntsville is my hometown, my Mom is burried in the cemetary that looks out over Pineview. It is SO beautiful up there, I love it!
Post a Comment